WAEC GCE registration form 2020 for August/September price, starting date, closing date, examination starting date, timetable, syllabus and late registration (or Walk-in candidates registration).
Do you wish to obtain WAEC GCE 2020 form for August/September i.e the second series? Then, continue reading to get all the news update and guide you will need.
Don’t worry, I have answered all the questions that candidates commonly ask in this page.
Some of the queries include:
- When will WAEC GCE 2nd series registration 2020 begin?
- How much is WAEC GCE Aug/Sept registration 2020 form?
- How can I obtain WAEC GCE Aug/Sept form 2020?
- When is WAEC GCE 2020 registration closing date?
- When is WAEC GCE examination starting?
- Is WAEC GCE timetable out already and how can I check?
- Can I combine WAEC GCE with NECO?
- And so many more questions…
Follow me carefully so that you don’t miss out anything.
Enough of the story, let’s begin right away.
WAEC GCE Second Series 2020 Registration Form
The West Africa Senior Secondary Certificate Examinaion (WASSCE) for Private Candidates 2020 second series examination called WAEC GCE Aug/Sept will be an urban based examination.
There are two ways to register for WAEC GCE:
- You can either register online on your own (or at a cyber cafe) at a cheaper fee
- You can as well register through a legit agent (make sure you ask people very well so that you do not fall in the hand of scammers).
If you intend to register for the examination, you have the option of picking minimum of 8 subjects and maximum of 9 subjects among the 24 available subjects.
The 24 subjects available for WAEC GCE registration can be found below:
List of Approved Subjects For WAEC GCE Registration
|COMMERCE||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||CHRISTIAN RELICGIOUS STUDIES||ECONOMICS|
|GEOGRAPHY||GOVERNMENT||ISLAMIC STUDIES||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH|
|CIVIC EDUCATION||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||FRENCH||HAUSA|
|IGBO||YORUBA||FURTHER MATHEMATICS||GENERAL MATHEMATICS|
|HEALTH EDUCATION||TECHNICAL DRAWING||FOODS AND NUTRITION||VISUAL ART|
To check the examination centres available in your State of choice, follow the procedures below.
- Go to WAEC online registration portal (opens in a new tab)
- Scroll down to the WAEC GCE towns.
- Select your state of choice.
- Select examination capital
- The list of available towns will be displayed to you.
Once you find a town in your state that is okay with you, you are good to go.
Let’s move on.
WAEC GCE Registration 2020 Aug/Sept Starting Date
WAEC GCE normal registration period starting date has NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED YET.
I will update this article as soon as the registration starting date is announced by WAEC Board.
Until then, drop a comment below to receive update when it is out.
Candidates who are interested in obtaining the form should proceed with the registration process before the closing date.
WAEC GCE 2nd Series 2020 Form Closing Date
The closing date for normal registration has NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED YET since the registration has not even started.
If you do not register before the deadline, two things will happen:
- It is either you miss WAEC GCE and hence go for other O’level examination like NECO or WAEC SCCE next year.
- You register for WAEC GCE second series as a walk-in candidate.
WAEC GCE Walk-in candidates registration is for intending candidates for the WASSCE for private candidates, who were unable to register during the normal registration period.
This process will be available throughout the duration of writing the examination, and it commences once the normal registration has closed.
I will be providing more information on this later in this article about how to register as a walk-in candidate, price of WAEC GCE walk-in candidate form and how it works. Click here to read about it now.
For now, let’s focus on the normal registration process.
Before you register for WAEC GCE, I will like to show you how the form looks like.
That way, you can fill the form before you go for the registration and will help to prevent unnecessary errors.
How WAEC GCE Form Look Like (Download WAEC GCE Form)
Look at WAEC GCE form template below:
How Much Is WAEC GCE Form 2020 Price
WAEC GCE form costs Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only with extra Five Hundred Naira (N500) as bank charge.
However, if you want to register through an agent, you will expect it to be more than that.
Yet, the agent should not collect more than Eighteen Thousand Naira to Twenty-five thousand Naira (N18,000 – N25,000).
How To Register For WAEC GCE 2020
To apply, you are required to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- second Bank of Nig. Plc
- second City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
In addition, you will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://www.registration.waecdirect.org/ for online registration.
If you want to register by yourself at a cyber cafe, here are some things you should know:
- You MUST conclude registration within two weeks of second access to the website during the registration period.
- You should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct.
- Make sure you print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
Like I said earlier, you can register through an agent and save yourself all these stress. It should not be more than Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000) to register through any agent.
Personally, I will advise you to find an agent that is trusted to help you with the registration to avoid stories that touch later.
Important Information For WAEC GCE Candidates
- You should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- You should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- You should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- You should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- You must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
Now, if you missed the normal registration period, you can still register as a Walk-in candidate. Here’s how.
What is WAEC GCE Walk-in Candidates Form?
Like I said earlier, Walk-in candidates registration is for intending candidates for the WASSCE for private candidates, who were unable to register during the normal registration period.
When the 2020 WAEC GCE Walk-in Candidates Registration Will Begin
The “walk-in candidates” registration will commence after the deadline for normal registration and continue throughout the duration of the examination.
How to Register for 2020 WAEC GCE as a Walk-in Candidates
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates” provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the scheduled time of the paper (s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in- Candidates” fee is Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25.000.00) only.
I believe I have covered everything you need to know about WAEC GCE 2020 August/September registration form.
If you still have anymore question, feel free to drop a comment below and I will get back to you. Also, don’t forget to share the article using the share buttons below.