Nigeria Police recruitment 2020/2021and there are lots of things that applicants must know before registering for NPF recruitment 2020/2021.
So what are these things?
Basic requirements needed before an applicant can be shortlisted.
Date for the Nigeria police recruitment 2020/2021 exam/screening.
When the registration form will be out and the closing date [Deadline].
What types of will come out in the exam?
How to register for the Nigeria Police recruitment 2020.
You will find all these things in this post.
All related or possible questions that applicants may have in mind have been answered in this post.
Important tips that will increase your chances of getting shortlisted into the Nigeria Police Force in 2020.
Qualification For Enlistment Into NPF
The qualification for enlistment of a candidate into the Nigeria Police are as follows:-
- The applicant must be a Nigerian.
- Height: For men; he must not be less than 5 feet 9 inches [5’ 9”] in height. For women; she must not be less than 5 feet 4 inches [5’ 4”] in height.
- Education: Applicants must be in possession of a Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Age: Candidate must not be less than 19 nor more than 25 years of age.
- Character: He/She must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence [other than any offence which the IG accepts as being of a minor nature].
- Chest Measurement: Candidate must have a chest measurement of not less than 34 inches when expanded, and having an expansion not less than 2 inches [only for men].
- Physical Fitness: Applicant must be certified by a government Medical Officer as being mentally and fit for service in the force.
- Financial Status: He/She must be free from any pecuniary embarassment.
- In the case of female candidates, she must be certified by a Government Medical Officer as not being pregnant.
- Female candidates must be unmarried/single. Married women will not be enlisted into the Nigeria Police.
- Applicants must have their guarantor’s form by any 2 of: Traditional Rulers, Military Officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, Magistrate, Police Officer not below the rank of CSP, Local Government Chairman, Heads of Educational institutions attended, Career civil servant not below the rank of grade level 12.
- You should have 5 credit passes in your o level result including english language & mathematics [it can be WAEC, NECO or GCE].
Deformities & Abnormalities To Be A Bar To Enlistment Into NPF
A candidate for enlistment suffering from any one of the abnormalities or deformities listed below shall not be accepted for enlistment.
- Impediment in speech.
- Gross malformation of teeth or jaw preventing proper mastication of food.
- Knock knees.
- Bow legs.
- Bent knees [which cannot be straightened when standing at attention].
- Flat feet.
- Bent arms [arms that cannot be straightened at the elbow].
- Deformed hands, or hands which cannot perform the full functions of the hand.
- Defective eyesight or squint eyes.
- Amputation of any part of the body.
Don’t Forget To Read!!!
- Nigeria Universities That Accept Second Choice In Jamb 2020
- How To Upload O Level Result On Jamb Portal 2020
- How To Reprint Jamb 2020/2021 Slip Exam Date, Center & Timetable
- Jamb 2020/2021 Registration Form, Closing Date & How To Register
When Will The Nigeria Police Recruitment Registration Start In 2020?
There is no exact date officially declared by the Nigeria Police recruitment board.
Just wait and keep checking this site for any latest updates on the recruitment.
You can alternatively subscribe to our mailing list for free to get updates via email.
When Is The Registration Closing Date [Deadline]?
As there is no yet date for when the registration will commence, there is no date for the deadline.
When the form is officially out, simultaneously,
How To Register For Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2020/2021
Please follow the steps below if you really want to join this recruitment.
- Go to a computer cafe. Then go the registration portal.
- Or you can tell the people there to help you do it.
- Print out the forms that you will need to fill (the candidates form and the guarantors form).
- Take them home and fill out the form appropriately. As for the guarantors form, find the acceptable people that can stand as guarantors and give them the form to fill.
- After filling all the forms, make sure you are qualified. Then go back to the portal I mentioned above and follow the next steps for the registration. I wish you success in the recruitment process.
Basic Things You Should Know About The Nigeria Police Force
These are the things that every candidate should have knowledge of.
Some of them may come out as questions in the Nigeria police recruitment 2020/2021 exam.
Take note of these tips.
General Duties of The Police in Nigeria
Nigeria as a fast developing country requires an efficient police force for the maintenance of peace and order in the country.
This responsibility thus thrust upon the Nigeria Police Force is by no means light.
In order not to disappoint the Nation, members of the force should be knowledgeable in all aspects of Police work and discharge their duties efficiently.
The following are the general duties of Police as provided for in the various laws of the Federation and the Nigerian Constitutions:-
- The prevention and detection of crime.
- The apprehension of offenders.
- The preservation of law and order.
- The due enforcement of laws and regulations with which they are directly charged.
- The protection of law & property.
- The performance of such military duties within or without Nigeria as may be required of them by or under the authority of the Police Act or any other act.
- The preservation of the liberty of the subject.
- The control & the regulation of traffic.
Departments In The Nigeria Police Force
These are the departments in the force:
- Finance, Administration, medical service & public relation welfare.
- Logistic & Supply.
- Intelligence & Investigation of crimes.
- Training of officers development, promotion, courses & seminars.
- Research & Planning.
- Information Communication Technology [ICT]. As it is known globally, technology plays significant role in modern law enforcement.
Nigeria Police Force Logo
An elephant stands on a wreath, cross batons and eagle mounted on it.
The eagle stands for strength.
Crossed Baton stands for office and authority.
The elephant stands for steadfastness and reliability.
Note: The ground on which the elephant stand is the vegetation of Nigeria.
Blue, Yellow & Green make up the the Nigeria Police colour.
Blue stands for love, loyalty & unity. Yellow stands for discipline & resourcefulness. While, Green stands for energy & life.
When Was Nigeria Police Established
Nigeria Police has it establishment dated back in 1861.
But , the amalgamation of the Southern and Northern Police Forces took effect in April, 1930.
So, Nigeria Police Force [NPF] was established in April, 1930 with its capital in Lagos.
Ranks Of The Nigeria Police Force
There are six  ranks for junior officers and eleven  ranks for senior officers in the force.
For Junior Officers [in an ascending order]:
- Constable [No badge].
- Inspector [Unconfirmed].
- Inspector [Confirmed].
- Chief Inspector.
For Senior Officers [in a descending order]:
- Assistant Superintendent [Unconfirmed].
- Assistant Superintendent [Confirmed].
- Deputy Superintendent.
- Chief Superintendent.
- Assistant Commissioner.
- Deputy Commissioner.
- Assistant Inspector General.
- Deputy Inspector General.
- Inspector General of Police.
Nigeria Police Zone HeadQuarters & State Under Zone
There are currently twelve  NPF zone headquarters in Nigeria.
|H/Q||ZONES||STATES UNDER ZONE|
|KANO||1||Jigawa, Kano, Kastina.|
|YOLA||3||Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba.|
|Benue, Nasasarawa, Plateau.|
Bayelsa, Edo, Delta.
|CALABAR||6||Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Ebonyi.|
|ABUJA||7||FCT, Kaduna, Niger.|
|LOKOJA||8||Ekiti, Kogi, Kwara.|
|UMUIHA||9||Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Imo.|
|SOKOTO||10||Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara.|
|OSOGBO||11||Ondo, Osun, Oyo.|
|BAUCHI||12||Bauchi, Yobe, Borno.|
Also note that the Nigeria Police Recruitment 2020/2021 exercise [aptitude test] will take in place in all states in Nigeria.
Share this article with your friends and family, someone may need something like this.
Don’t also forget that you can subscribe to our newsletter if you want to get more articles in your email inbox for free.
In case you have any questions about joining the Nigeria police force, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.