www.result.neco.gov.ng – Are you looking for how to check the NECO result 2020 online on the new result checking portal? Then, continue reading to see the full guide.
In case you don’t know, the National Examination Council (NECO) has introduced a new method of checking result online with the use of NECO token.
In other words, you can no longer check the result on www.mynecoexams.com/results portal again.
Below is what the new result checking website looks like:
On this page, I am going to show you how to use the new portal introduced by NECO to check your NECO SSCE result online easily.
But if you want to check your result for 2019, 2020 and above, then you are required to use the new portal.
How To Check NECO Result 2020
Before you can check you result, you must have purchased a NECO token already.
If you have not bought any NECO token, see how to buy NECO token below.
NOTE: The result token costs Five Hundred Naira (N500) and Fifty Naira (N50) service charge only. It is the new alternative to scratch card.
After buying the NECO result token, follow the procedures below:
- Go to www.result.neco.gov.ng
- Select your examination year e.g 2020
- Select examination type i.e SSCE internal (June/July)
- Enter your NECO token you purchased earlier.
- Click on Check result.
How To Buy NECO Token 2020 Online
To purchase the result token, first you need to register on the website.
- Go to www.result.neco.gov.ng/register or click on register on the homepage.
- Enter your name in the box
- Enter your phone number and email address (make sure you use a valid email address that you have access to).
- Enter your password and re-enter it to confirm the password
- You will receive a notification from NECO on the email address, check it. Click on the activation link in the email address to activate your account.
- Next, login to the portal with your Email address/Phone number and password
- After you login, click on Purchase token.
- Enter the number of token you need to purchase (enter 1 if you are just purchasing for yourself only).
- Proceed to the payment gateway and pay.
- Once your payment is successful, you will be redirected to your dashboard where you will see your NECO token.
That is all you need to know about checking your result online easily.
NOTE: For those intend to check their result for 2018, 2017 and earlier years, you will still use the old result portal.
www.result.neco.gov.ng 2020 Portal
This is the new URL for checking result online which was introduced in 2019.
On the new portal, scratch cards are no longer used to check NECO SSCE and GCE results online and have been replaced by NECO token which costs Five Hundred and Fifty Naira (N550) only including the service charge.
You can use the token to check your result at least 3 times but you cannot use it for another candidate once it has been used by you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is NECO result Token?
NECO token is the new code you need to check your NECO result instead of scratch card. You can buy one by following the instructions in this guide.
How Much Does NECO Token Cost?
Each NECO token costs Five Hundred Naira (N500) and Fifty Naira (N50) service charge.
Can I Check NECO result without token?
You cannot check you result without purchasing the token. It is the new scratch card and you must buy one to check your result.
How many times can I use my NECO token?
You can use a single token to check your own result at least 3 times without buying a new token again.
Can I use my NECO token to check another result?
You can only use one NECO token to check a particular candidate's result. Once you use the token to check your own result, you cannot use it for another person again.
If you enjoyed the article, then don’t forget to share using the buttons below. If you have any question or face any issue checking your result, feel free to use the comment section below.