CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship: CHED- Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2021 offering the Grants-in-Aid Program (Tulong Dunong Scholarship) to support Filipino college students with financial aid needed to pursue their academic dreams.
This article will give you a clear knowledge about the benefit this scholarship offers, its requirement as well as steps on how to apply.
Below is a rundown of points you will read about
- Background of CHED – Tulong Dunong Philippines
- Why go for CHED -Tulong Dunong Scholarship?
- Why Study in the Philippines?
- The Top Four Universities In Philippine
- What is the worth of the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship – 2021?
- 4 EASY STEPS to avail of CHED StuFAPs
- How to Apply for CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
CHED- Tulong Dunong is hosted by The Commission on Higher Education (CHED Philippines. This scholarship for the year 2021 is for undergraduate students who want to pursue undergraduate studies in any field and any institution.
The CHED-Tulong Dunong scholarship Philippines is open for all the local high school graduates who want to enroll in any college.
Background of CHED – Tulong Dunong Philippines
The sponsor of this CHED- Tulong Dunong for Filipino students that is the commission of higher education is covering both private and public sectors of higher education. It deals with all the degree-granting programs as well.
As stated in CHED’s Long Term Development Plan, arrangements for “Access and Equity” are given to eligible students through the creation and continuation of scholarship, grant-in-aid, and loan programs.
It has offered services and financial support to vulnerable and disadvantaged Filipino students who are eager to continue their education but lack the financial resources to do so.
Why go for CHED -Tulong Dunong Scholarship?
CHED – Tulong Dunong The scholarship is intended for Filipino students who do not have sufficient financial means to continue their undergraduate studies in college. This scholarship would review applicants and offer the necessary financial aid to disadvantaged students on an individual basis.
Filipino students with a passing grade in their last two semesters of college and who are enrolled in designated priority courses at newly approved public or private colleges are encouraged to apply for the CHED- Tulong Dunong scholarship.
Why Study in the Philippines?
The Philippines has some of the most prestigious universities in the country. According to the QS world ranking 2018, the top four universities are among the best in the world, and two more universities are included in the QS Asia ranking 2018.
The Top Four universities are:
- University of the Philippines
- Manila University
- De La Salle University
- University of Santo Tomas
Along with the Philippines’ natural charm, the country’s higher education sector is among the strongest in the world. In the first edition of the QS Higher Education System Strength Rankings, it was ranked 46th.
The Philippines also draws a large number of foreign students due to its low-cost educational options. The majority of foreign students come from Asia.
What is the worth of the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship – 2021?
- The package of CHED- Tulong Dunong for needy Filipino students will be six semesters for a three-year program, eight semesters for a four-year program or ten semesters for a five-year program.
- The financial benefits are given to students cover all tuition fees as billed not to exceed Php12, 000.00 per academic year.
- Financial Assistance for other programs is as follows
- Full Merit Program – P15,000 per semester
- Half Merit Program – P7,500 per semester
- Study Now Pay Later Plan – P7,500 per semester
4 EASY STEPS to avail of CHED StuFAPs
- Check whether you are qualified for any CHED StuFAPs, per CMO 13, s. 2014
- Applicant must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passer of Alternative Learning System (ALS) / Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT);
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 300,000.00)
- Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program.
* In highly exceptional cases where income exceeds PhP300, 000.00, the CHEDRO StuFAPs Committee shall determine the merits of the application.
Required Documents for this scholarship:
The following documents should be submitted together with the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship form:
- CHED StuFAPs Application (OSS Form 01).
- Duly certified High School Report Card for third year and grades for the first three grading periods for the fourth year.
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR), Certificate of Tax Exemption or Copy of Contract/proof of income of parents/guardian from the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Certificate of good moral character from the high school principal/guidance counselor.
The incoming freshmen:
- For the fourth year high school applicants – third-year grades and first three grading periods of the fourth year;
- For high school graduates – fourth year Form 138
Applicants with Earned Units in College
- Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semesters
For Other Applicants:
- ALS – Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate
- PEPT – Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level
Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents and Guardians
- For those who are exempted from filing income tax, a Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) should be submitted.
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, the latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
- Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended
Each of the following: a parent’s or guardian’s most recent income tax return (ITR), a Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Certificate of Tax Exemption, a Barangay Certificate of Indigence, a Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Case Study, or an affidavit of No Income.
The most recent copy of the contract or evidence of income could be considered for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and seafarers.
A certificate of strong moral conduct from the previous education.
- Check if your course fits in the CHED Priority Courses.
Qualified beneficiaries are DIRECTED to enroll in the following priority courses (ref: CMO No. 01, s. 2014)
- If you are qualified, accomplish the CHED StuFAPs Application form.
- Submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPs Application, together with pertinent documentary requirements, directly to the CHED Regional Office concerned. Applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their application to the concerned SUCs(CHEDRO Directory)
How to Apply for CHED Scholarship 2021:
CHED Scholarship 2021 Application Procedure is as follows:
To apply for the CHED Scholarship 2021, applicants should follow the following procedures:
- Get a copy of the CHED StuFAPs application form from CHED offices or download it.
- Fill the form and submit it to CHED Regional Offices together with all documentary requirements which are mentioned below.
- After evaluation, CHED will contact or mail you regarding the status of your application.
- Student applicants should submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPS Application (StuFAPs Form 1) directly to the CHED Regional Office.
- However, applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their StuFAPs Form 1 to the concerned SUCs.
You can begin the application by clicking on the link below:
Application Period is from
FEBRUARY to APRIL
Office of Student Development and Services
3/F HEDC Building, CP Garcia Avenue, Quezon City
Tel No.: (02) 988-0001
E-mail: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have a passing grade in my last two semesters, can I apply?
Ans.: Filipino students who have a passing grade in the last two semesters of their degree and are enrolled in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private colleges are encouraged to apply for CHED- Tulong Dunong scholarship.
Q: Is it a good decision to study in the Philippines?
Ans: Yes, Philippines have the best universities that are recognized all around the world.
Q: Can I carry out the entire application process online?
Ans.: No, you must get a copy of CHED StuFAPs application form from CHED offices or download it. Fill the form and submit it to CHED Regional Offices.