Security is provision of safety measures for life & property from harm, danger and attack.
Security is not based on any organization but for everybody, which means everybody must be security conscious.
Presently, Crime is increasing in Nigeria, Crime like Kidnapping, Impersonation, Armed Robbery, Stealing, Fraud, Rape, Drug Abuse, Assassination, Vandalisation, Women Trafficking, Terrorism & other serious crimes.
Most Nigerians have it in mind that Security is the duty of Security Agencies like Police, SSS [State Security Service], Civil Defense, but security is for all of us and must involve all of us.
Use the security tips below to protect yourself [or family] from crimes [danger or harm].
Security for Your Children
1. Avoid sending your children on errand at night, as this exposes them to kidnappers, child molesters and rapers.
2. Children should inform their parents before embarking on any trip.
3. Children should inform their parents of any strange movement around the house.
4. Children should be informed not to give parent’s house address and phone number to anybody, without telling their parents.
5. Tell your children to refuse free ride from strangers.
6. Inform your children not to be bringing casual friends into the house; some of them may constitute a security risk.
7. Make sure that the driver that pick your child to school is well known to the class teacher and the school authority to avoid being kidnappers.
8. Teach your children how to be security conscious, give close attention to the need of your female children.
9. Above all train them the way of God.
Security of the House
1. Fence round the house is very good.
Security lights round the house is important.
2. Fire alert device can be fixed in your house.
3. Ensure all doors and windows are properly locked in the night and teach your children not to open the gate or doors for strangers at night.
When you are going to church on Sunday, padlock your gate outside.
Security of Money
1. Do not send your domestic servant [house maid, driver or shop assistant] to help you withdraw large sum of money from the bank.
2. Do not organize parties at home when you keep money at home.
3. Do not allow your domestic servant to know when you are going to withdraw a large sum of money or cash out a cheque.
4. Keep all information about movement of cash secret.
5. Do not allow your friends, relations, etc, to know your ATM pin number. Some syndicates are so specialized in ATM fraud.
6.Disregard any text message telling you to send your account number, ATM pin or any of your bank details for the rectification of your account.
7. Do not accept any huge amount of money at home, rather go with the person to the bank or give him/her your bank teller to pay into your account.
Security While Travelling
1. Do not allow your travelling bag or belongings to be out of your sight when you are travelling by public transport.
2. Avoid another passenger that you don’t know to help you watch your bag or luggage.
3. Do not be in hurry when you want to enter Taxi or Bus especially early in the morning or late at night.
4. Not all road blocks are genuine road blocks, as you approach any road block, use your eyes and let your brain guide you [Be Security Conscious].
5. Do not accept sudden offer of fruits, snacks, soft drink from people that you don’t know, they can use it drug you and rob you of your possession.
6. Be careful about taxis you take.
7. Avoid night travelling, as robbers, kidnappers & ritual killers operate mostly at night.
8. When you are in public transport and the vehicle develops a problem or fault along the way, quickly get out from the vehicle and give it some distance, it may be a conspiracy between the driver and armed robbers.
• When you notice oranges or onions on the road, do not drive on them, armed robbers cleverly hide nails in these things to puncture tyres and when the driver stops to change tyres, the robbers suddenly attack and rob them.
• Constantly make use of your rear mirror when driving to observe movements behind you.
• Do not count money openly inside public vehicle.
At the end of all, be watchful of any suspicious movement; give useful information to the security agencies, especially Police.
If you this helpful, you can share it with your friends & family. Sharing is caring.
Follow Me On Social Media